Once upon a time there were three little chicks who lived with a new chicken owner. This is their story and how they grew up under the Live Oak trees and Spanish Moss of Tallahassee, FL.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Growing Fast!

Today's post is kind of fun. My chick babies are a week old today, and you can already see them getting some length on their legs. I also spend at least 15 minutes a day holding each one of them individually and petting them and whispering sweet chicken-nothings into their ears (where are their ears?). So now, when I walk over to the brooder to talk to them, instead of running away from me, they run towards me. It is very cute!

I took some pictures of them through the plastic of the brooder. It was one of the reason's that I bought a clear plastic container, as I wanted to be able to see them, and have my boys be able to see them from their lower height.

So, my pictures aren't cloudy, it's just the view through the plastic.

Here is the first one where they just ran over to me.
Doesn't it look like they are saying "Hey Mom!"



This picture is a good one showing how big they are already getting at 7 days old.



I like this next one because it looks like Scarlett is giving Belle a kiss. (Maybe I am the only one enjoying my chicken pictures....)


Can you guess what they are doing here?
"Hey girls, come over here and look at that!"


This is what they ran over to look at: A jealous Collie.
"How come you are always taking a picture of them and not me?"


Feel free to leave a comment. Both the chicks and Rhett love to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment